It's been a rough couple days here at the Turco house. After a disastrous trip to see my sister in Wisconsin this weekend, we decided to cancel our upcoming trip to Florida. William had a total meltdown when it came time for bed... screaming, shaking and hyperventilating. He was truly terrified of the new environment and there was absolutely no soothing him. We ended up packing the kids and dog up and driving back home in the middle of the night. He woke up when we arrived home, took a bottle and settled soundly into his bed. Clearly, he is not ready for overnight trips. He has become very attached to our home and his bed - which, in the grand scheme of things, is a blessing. In light of these recent events, we decided it was too soon to take him away for a long weekend to Florida. I had been looking forward to this trip since I saw my friend last month and it was so painful to have to reschedule. I know we are doing the right thing for William but it doesn't lessen my disappointment. I am not the kind of person that has a ton of friends... that has never been me. I have a couple, very close friends that mean the world to me and unfortunately, most of them live hundreds of miles away. I cherish the time I get to spend with them... but as we get older, those times are less and less frequent. I don't know if it's because Marc has been traveling like crazy or because I actually got to spend time with Laura a couple weeks ago... but I am feeling a little lonely... and missing my friends terribly.
Slava has also been having a really tough time lately. He's gotten in trouble 3 times in the past 2 weeks at school - being too rough with his friends and not listening to his teachers. I'm not sure if this is a result of all the change he's been through these past couple months or if it's something deeper but he has been an absolute challenge to deal with these past couple weeks. God give me patience!!!
I'm feeling a little defeated... deflated today. Marc's travel schedule is crazy this month and that doesn't make things easier. However, his job is the reason I can stay home so I will not complain. Instead... I will have a glass of wine (or 2), play some words with friends and try to get a good nights sleep. Tomorrow is a new day :)
In spite of all the craziness... I know I live a blessed life and...
LIFE IS GOOD
No comments:
Post a Comment