For the first time in over 2 weeks, I awoke to two healthy, happy children!! The past 2 weeks have consisted of strep throat, ear infections, viral infections and the worst pinkeye I have ever seen. I am fighting the last of the pink eye but we are all feeling so much better. The whole house was on lock down - except for Marc - who was traveling for work. By the end of last week, we all had a bad case of cabin fever. Slava went back to school on Monday and was so happy to see his friends and teachers.
In the midst of all this chaos, Marc and I celebrated our 9 year wedding anniversary. We had a nice dinner with Marc's sister, mom and the boys. Sarah (Marc's sister) was visiting from Connecticut... poor thing, just found out today that she, too, has strep throat!! Hard to believe it's been 9 years for Marc and I ... it seems like just yesterday we were dating and living in the city (Philadelphia). We certainly enjoyed our time before we started our family... traveling, going out to amazing restaurants, quiet nights at home... what a great time in our lives. It took us a little longer to start our family than we had originally planned and so that freedom lasted even longer. I absolutely cherish that time in our lives. Our lives today are crazy, busy and chaotic and I wouldn't have it any other way. It's a little (A LOT) harder these days to find time for just the 2 of us but we do our best and for now, that will have to do. My love for my hubby grows each and every day and although we may no longer have as many "date nights" as we would like, I know our love is stronger than ever. He never fails to make me feel special and loved and beautiful. Through all the ups and downs, he never once made me feel "less than" ... I know weaker relationships would have crumbled under the stresses we've been through these past years but ours has only gotten stronger. We can and will face anything and everything together as a team... Go Team Turco! I am one lucky woman.
LIFE IS GOOD.
No comments:
Post a Comment