Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Sweet Baby Will

My sweet baby boy turned 18 months old this past week - unreal!!! Finding time for the blog is more than a little challenging (especially with the addition of our crazy puppy, Frank) but I had to take a minute to jot down why I am so incredibly in love with this angel.
William LOVES his Mama. I am not saying that to be boastful. To the contrary, it is one of the most humbling things I have ever experienced.  He looks for me... smiles when he sees me... reaches for me... always. He runs to me when I am away for only minutes as if he hadn't seen me in days. He holds my hand... rubs my back (seriously, the sweetest thing ever) and tries to make me laugh with silly faces. I have not been away from this boy for more than a couple hours since he came home and I wouldn't trade our time together for anything in this world. He makes every day, every moment, better.
Some fun facts about William:
1 - He LOVES seltzer (plain old soda water). My husband and I drink a ton of it and he has taken a liking to it. He screams when he sees it and chugs it as fast as he can. He was drinking so much I actually asked my Dr if that was ok and she said as long as he can stomach it, it is fine.
2 - He loves shredded cheddar cheese - truly, it's probably his favorite snack. He eats it strand by strand by strand... too funny. He also loves peas and eats one at a time, as well!
3 - He likes to eat on the run! He has decided he no longer likes to sit in his high chair to eat. To get him to really eat a good meal, I take it into his playroom and just shovel spoonfuls into his mouth. He will eat a TON this way!
4 - He is getting so big... in 18-24 month clothes. This is a big deal for us. At the same age, our Slava was in 9-12 month clothes. I'm pretty certain he is going to surpass his brother in height at some point but we will deal with that when it happens.
5 - He is becoming a boy's boy... loves to run, climb, throw the football with dad and rough house with the dogs. We are working on teaching him "gentle" and "quiet" ... not going so well :)
6 - He's a great sleeper... goes to bed at 6:30 and wakes up 12 hours later. Takes a 2 hour nap each day.
7 - He loves to read and has about 5 books that are his favorite. They are completely destroyed but he laughs and smiles when he sees them.
8 - Not talking much yet but he understands everything. The words will come...

I love this child... with all of my heart. Oh sweet, William, thank you for being exactly who you are.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweetie pie! Sounds like he is doing great. Blessings to you all.

    ReplyDelete