So... just when I thought we had settled into a great routine with the baby... things change! Not that it's such a bad thing but my wake up call seems to get earlier and earlier every day! Slava has always been an early riser... 5:45-6am is his usual. William WAS sleeping until 8 or 9 but over the past week or so, that time has gradually crept up - today he was stirring at 5:30. I am convinced it's because he's growing (wishful thinking, perhaps) because he is super hungry when he wakes up. The second he sees his bottle he starts screaming for it! We are feeding him right before he goes to bed plus a bottle but he still wakes up starving! His appetite has certainly increased -which is awesome. He is eating about 5 meals a day and a couple bottles. He has a Dr appt in 2 weeks and I can't wait to see how's he grown!
The next couple weeks are going to be pretty busy. This Sunday is Marc's birthday, Marc's mom is moving back to the States from New Zealand and she arrives on Monday, the boys' birthdays are at the end of the month and my best friend is coming with her family for Labor Day! So much to look forward to and so grateful for all the incredible people we have in our lives.
I was looking back through our blog last night - all the way back to when we were in Russia with Slava - and it's amazing to see how much the boys have changed (even William, who has only been home for 2 months). I can't help but get emotional around their birthdays - that day always takes me right back to the moment we saw them for the first time. These 2 boys have changed our lives in so many incredible ways. I feel like my heart has tripled in size since their arrivals into our family. When people tell me we "saved" our boys (a term many people have used over the years), my response is always the same... these 2 boys have saved us more than we could ever do in return.
Looking forward to a month of celebrating all the blessings in our lives...
LIFE IS GOOD.
No comments:
Post a Comment